John H. Reid III Photography
34000 Dorchester Road
Gates Mills, Ohio
44040
216-272-4774

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life Imitates Art

I'm a fan of (most) Modern Art. Every now and then I'll find a scene that calls to mind the work of an artist I admire. Sometimes it's a very obvious connection, other times it's more of a concept that's triggered by the scene. Usually I do some Photoshop work on the image to mimic the artist's style.  Ed Ruscha is an artist who's work I enjoy. On a recent California visit I found this scene that reminded me of his work.
 The original Ruscha image can be seen here:
http://www.edruscha.com/site/workView.cfm?pk=28

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have to cut and paste the link into your browser to see the original Ruscha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figured out what I did wrong, you can click on the link now to see the Ruscha image.

    ReplyDelete